5898 Hwy 70 West
Monday – Saturday
9am – 4 pm
Click on here to Visit Newport ReStore Page
The Jacksonville ReStore 1200 Gum Branch Rd
Monday – Saturday
9am – 4pm
Click on here to Visit Jacksonville ReStore Site
Click here to view our Facebook Page
Please contact the office at 252-223-2111
Families selected into the partnership home building program must meet certain income criteria and residency requirements. Habitat families earn 400 or more sweat equity hours on their home and other Habitat projects and complete homeowner education courses. They receive a 0% mortgage on the cost to build their home that they must pay back over a period of up to 30 years. Current homes cost around $100,000 according to land availability, size of the home and the cost of construction.
During the past two years, Crystal Coast Habitat has earned the prestigious US EPA Energy Star Certification on over a dozen homes. We will continue to build Energy Star homes to keep funds low & sufficient for families. This means that the energy bills on a four-bedroom home are guaranteed to be less than $35 per month, and $27 per month on a three-bedroom, keeping these Habitat homes affordable.
- Habitat homes are built with volunteer labor, using as much donated materials and land whenever possible.
- Homeowners are carefully selected and must:
- Have a housing need
- Meet our income guidelines, and be able to pay a 0% mortgage payment on the cost to build their home.
- Have a plan to complete 400 hours of sweat equity work on their home and other habitat projects.
- Materials and costs to build a Habitat house, including land are established after construction. A typical Mortgage is around $100,000.
- No interest is charged on the homeowner’s mortgage loan. Terms are based on what that person can afford to pay. A typical Habitat mortgage is 30 years.
For more information on the home partnership program or to learn more about ways to volunteer, call the Habitat corporate office at 252.223.2111. Donations and purchases made at the Habitat ReStores help buy materials to build Habitat homes and eliminate excess waste going to our landfills. Visit the Newport and Jacksonville Habitat ReStores and help eliminate poverty housing along the Crystal Coast! Call 252-223-4493 Newport ReStore to schedule a donation pickup.