At Crystal Coast Habitat for Humanity, we need your stuff.
According to Merriam Webster by definition:” STUFF: materials, supplies, or equipment used in various activities: such as obsolete items., -to fill or block up.”
We all have it. If you look around you, there are items in good shape that do not work for you anymore and is somehow is cluttering up around you. This is the stuff hoards of people can relate to, but never deal with because “life is too busy”, or “shopping makes me feel good”, or “I might use that again one day.” Rule of thumb, if you haven’t used it in the past year, get rid of it.
From door hinges to entire kitchens, both our Habitat ReStores in Jacksonville and Newport accepts donations of new and gently-used home furnishings, appliances and renovation items. We then sell them at great prices. The ReStore proceeds help support our work with families. We have many families to aid, and your ‘stuff’ helps us to fill that need. Currently, we had a critical need for shingles at both locations.
What ‘Stuff’ do we need?
- Appliances* (If good condition and operating)
- Architectural items
- Area Rugs & Carpet Tile
- Flooring (Wood, Vinyl, Laminate)
- Home Improvement Items
- Homegoods & Small Electrics
- Kitchen & Bath Cabinets
- Kitchen & Bath Sinks (no chips or stains)
- Landscape & Gardening Supplies
- Lighting & Lamps
- Painting Supplies (Paint 2/3 Full, Full, no rust top)
- Toilets (1.6 GPF or less)
- Vertical Blinds (wrapped and secure)
- Water Heaters 6 Years or newer
If items are too big to drop off, we can pick up.
Call the Jacksonville ReStore at (910) 347-9400 or the Newport ReStore at (252) 223-4493
Dropping by to Drop Off? One of our volunteers will be happy to help you unload your items, get you a donation receipt for your tax filing. Do Not drop off after 3:30 PM
As much as we want your “stuff” to resell for future home builds and repairs, there are some items that Do Not work for us. So with that in mind, We can not accept items that are in poor condition and cannot be sold.
What stuff can I not donate?
- Appliances in disrepair
- Bedding and box springs
- Books, Encyclopedias
- Cabinets without drawer
- Cast iron tubs
- China or Glassware chipped or miscellaneous pieces
- Clothes, mattresses & baby items (Car Seats, Cribs, Med Beds, or equipment)
- Computer Monitors (unless flat screen)
- Concrete steps
- Curtains, valances, skirting
- Dishwashers (unless 5 years or newer)
- Exercise Equipment
- Fuels, chemicals, solvent-based coatings
- Furniture (sags, dirty, torn, broken legs
- Office Cubicles
- Old Thermostats
- Printers/Fax machines/Computers
- Sleeper Sofas
- Televisions (older than 4 years) /non-flat screens
- Toys, Stuffed Animals
- Unframed glass & mirrors
- Used blinds (unless vertical, wrapped, secure)
- Used water heaters (unless 5 years or newer)
- Used/open paint
- Water damaged items