A Brush with Kindness is a program of Crystal Coast Habitat for Humanity helps low income homeowners by offering exterior home improvements. Habitat partners with low income homeowners based on need and the scope of the work:
- Must live in Carteret or Onslow County
- Must own or have registered life time rights to occupy the home that needs and could benefit from short term exterior improvements
- Must meet the income guidelines out lined in this brochure
- Must be willing to partner with Habitat
- Must be unable to afford necessary home improvements and unable to complete them otherwise due to age, disability, or circumstance.
- Where accessibility modifications are to be made, applicant must have a disability that makes the requested modifications necessary.
Applications are accepted on our availability of volunteer work force.
FY 2013 Maximum Income Limit
Family County Carteret Onslow
1 $24,250 $20,520
2 $27,663 $23,460
3 $31,140 $26,400
4 $34,500 $29,280
In order to complete the application, you will need to provide the copies of the following items:
- Your Income Tax Returns for the last year
- Your last two paycheck stubs or other proof of income.
- Your last two bank statements, including bank, mailing address and your account number.
- Proof of child support and/or public assistant (SSI, Family First, Social Security, Retirement benefits, food stamps, etc) if you receive them.
- Proof of home ownership (this may include the Deed of Trust or your most recent property tax receipt).
You will also need to provide:
- Name, mailing address & telephone number of your current employer
- Name, mailing address and telephone number of your past employer if you have been employed at your current job for less than 2 years.
A Brush with Kindness Application is located under forms.